PLEASE NOTE: All classes for the 2021/2022 season are full. We will be resuming registration in August 2022!
New members are expected to attend an Introduction to Blacksmithing class. A class is generally held in November, January, February, and March. The class meets on a Saturday from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM at the forge in Kinder Farm Park. Advanced registration is required for all classes and you can contact the instructor to find out when classes are scheduled and to be assigned to a class. Class size is limited to 4 students.
Cost for the class is $100, which includes a one year membership in the guild. Our insurance requires that you be at least 18 years old to attend.
What to Wear and Bring
- Bring Your lunch and a drink
- Bring the fee, a signed release form, and a completed membership form.
- Wear old clothes, as they will get dirty and possibly get small burn holes. Cotton or leather clothes are best.
- Wear eye protection. Safety glasses are a mandatory item. You can use ours or bring your own.
- Wear hightop leather shoes or boots, with pant legs outside to prevent any hot iron from slipping down inside your boot.
Your first project will be a fireplace poker which you can use it in your own forge or fireplace. Alternately, you can make another simple project.